
It is an easy thing to see why Spurgeon is called the Prince of Preachers. Whether it is reading his sermons or devotionals or reading about his life, I always come away from Spurgeon greatly humbled by this man and grateful for his amazing life. I also seem to come away loving God more than I did before.
In "All of Grace" Spurgeon clearly articulates the gospel message. He shows that God is a God who is a justifier of the ungodly, and will save those who put their faith in him. He shows how grace and faith and our wills relate in this picture through the Word and also through clever stories and antecdotes that drive his points home. Though Spurgeon's intellect is the sharpest you will find, he writes so the common man can understand, for that is the soul he wants to win to Christ.
What bleeds through the pages is Spurgeon's heart for the lost. He pleads for sinners to put their faith in Jesus Christ because he is mighty to save. This short read is encouraging, humbling, and challenging at the same time. I'd recommend getting your hands on anything by Spurgeon but especially this book.
1 comment:
I love Spurgeon's work in general, and this particular book is one of my favorites. It helped me see the glory of God's grace when I was still a fairly new Christian. I join you in highly recommending it.
Post a Comment